It is difficult to come up with this list of top ten moments picked from travels spanning over a year. This is not a list of places to see. This is not a suggestion to tourists who are short of time for everything that India has to offer. This is a list made from personal experience. You will need to find your own top ten.
A moment is just a second, perhaps even shorter. It is that pinch of time when you realize a higher truth that can come in many forms. It can be essential beauty. It can be natural harmony. It can be inner peace.
There have been a few such moments. These are presented in no particular order. I initially had a list of over 30 items. I have managed to trim it to the final few.
- First view of Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh. [Post]
- 5th century AD Gupta masterpiece of the Buddha in the museum, Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh. [Post]
- View of the gopuram of Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple from across the River Cauvery, Srirangam, Tamil Nadu. [Post]
- View of Vijayanagar ruins and the Virupaksha Temple in a landscape of boulders, Hampi, Karnataka. [Post]
- Entry into a medieval town, Bundi, Rajasthan. [Post]
- A long search and finally a surprise find of pre-historic rock paintings, Isko, Jharkhand. [Post]
- View of the Myntdu Valley from Ialong Park, Jowai, Meghalaya. [Post]
- Moonrise over the peaks, Gondhla, Himachal Pradesh. [Post]
- Dinner with the old Ladakhi woman, Lamayuru, Jammu & Kashmir. [Post]
- Theyyam at the temple, Parassinikadavu, Kerala. [Post]